Since we introduced our Barbarian, the 1st race-specific chassis designed around the Axial AR60 axles, in 2013, it has quickly skyrocketed to our best-selling chassis to date! Remaining unchanged over the course of 4 years, we decided to give it a slight update for 2018 to better allow for end-user adjustability. This laser-cut and CNC punched aluminum chassis is designed to loosely replicate the look of the tube frames used by the full size monsters, and is a full 1/8" thick 6061 T6 aluminum designed to handle the extra abuse. The 13" wheelbase when using the stock Axial upper and lower links allows for a shorter turning radius and quicker cornering than a longer wheelbase. Multiple shock mounting positions let you use stock Axial shocks, or adjust the ride height to your specifications. We've built this around re-using as much of your stock Axial as possible, which allows for ease of replacement parts and maintenance.
Note: You will receive the following in the Barbarian 2k18 kit: 2 chassis plates, 1 transmission plate (machined for both AX10 and Wraith/SMT10 transmission patterns), 1 battery plate with battery cups, 1 electronics plate, 8 aluminum chassis braces, body mount kit, and SS hardware package. You will need to supply a donor Wraith/Ridgecrest/AX10 transmission, and F/R AR60 axles, CPE aluminum upper and lower 4-links (CPE-4LBAR1) can be purchased separately as noted on the checkout screen.
Barbarian 2k18 updates:
- Redesigned full-length chassis plate with "CPE" lettering
- New battery plate with included battery cups.
- Multiple sway bar mounting options.
- Additional "laydown" shock mounting locations
- 13.25oz. chassis plate weight (Both plates)
- 24oz. assembled chassis weight (with trans, battery, and electronics plates, battery cups, sway bars, and Al braces)
CPE-BAR2K18AL: Axial Barbarian 2K18 Race Chassis - Aluminum
- Manufacturer: CPE
- Man. P/N: BAR2K18AL
- Stock Status: Currently Unavailable